Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head
- Quick Summary of Findings: Study aims to prove the hypothesis that a biological treatment of XCEL-MT-OSTEO-ALPHA can be used as a tissue engineering technique to combat bone degeneration.
- Summary for a possible patient: Studies are being done to see if mesenchymal stem cells can be used to treat avascular necrosis of the thigh.
- Study Participants: 18-50 years old, Osteonecrosis of the hip ARCO grade I or II, Absence of systemic or local infection
- Source: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01605383?term=marrow&recrs=e&cond=Avascular+Necrosis&draw=2&rank=1 , https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25769789/
Autologous Osteoblastic Cells Implantation to Early Stage Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head (PREOB-ON2)
- Quick Summary of Findings: Studies being conducted to observe the efficiency and safety of PREOB® (human autologous bone marrow-derived osteoblastic cells implantation to treat osteonecrosis of the femoral head compared to bone marrow concentrate(BMC)
- Summary for a possible patient: Studies are being done to see which forms of bone-marrow cells are the most effective to treat osteonecrosis in the thigh
- Study Participants: 18 and older, ARCO stage I or II non-traumatic osteonecrosis of the femoral head, confirmed by conventional X-ray and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the hip
- Source: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02890537?term=marrow&recrs=e&cond=Avascular+Necrosis&draw=2&rank=2